Monday, August 24, 2009

you gotta hear this one song...

Hello all,
So I've been very busy lately with all I need to have ready for study abroad and with work still going on. I'll update more on some specifics when I have more time, but I recently came across a song that really reminded me of study abroad and the whole experience of leaving, being there, and coming back (even though I haven't done it all yet). I thought I'd post the lyrics and that they'd be interesting for everyone to take a look at. The song is The Call by Regina Spektor.

It started out as a feeling, which then grew into a hope,
which then grew into a quiet thought which then grew into a quiet word.
And then that word grew louder and louder, until it was a battle cry,
I'll come back when you call me, no need to say goodbye.

Just because everything's changing doesn't mean it's never been this way before.
All you can do is try to know who your friends are as you head off to the war.
Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light
You'll come back when it's over, no need to say goodbye.

Now we're back to the beginning, it's just a feeling and noone knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too doesn't mean that you have to forget
Let your memories grow stronger and stronger, until they're before your eyes
You'll come back when they call you, no need to say goodbye.

Anyway I thought that was sort of interesting considering my leaving in 8 days for Italy! I'll check back probably before the week is out with how packing and preparing are going. Bye!

-Christine

No comments: