Sunday, September 19, 2010

why smc?

Oh wow, big question.

Well, to tell the truth SMC wasn't always my first choice. I applied Early Decision (binding) to another school, but was pushed to the regular applicant pool and then wait listed. It was during this time that I started to look at the other schools I had been accepted to, just in case I never made it off the wait list.

During this entire experience, and since I had met with my SMC admission counselor at my high school and visited later that year, I had gotten a ton of mail from here. I got phone calls and emails from the swim team and coach, viewbooks and information on the psychology program, and even a birthday card. I started to feel like while I was looking one way, asking the other school to "pick me," SMC was looking at me and saying "pick us."

Ultimately it was how much SMC made me feel like I was welcome and wanted here that led me to resign from the wait list at my other school and send in my deposit for SMC.

best. decision. ever. obviously.

What do you want to know about SMC?

No comments: