Monday, November 8, 2010

I lovermont in fall

So October is over and we've moved into the wet month that is November. Still, I wanted to touch back on my fun fall adventures with some photos and update on what's going on in my life and here at SMC.

First, some October photos of pumpkins, apples, cider, a 5K, and Halloween:



I've been home twice since I got back to SMC. The first was a while back for Columbus day weekend, and the second was 2 weekends ago when I returned for the Notre Dame vs. Navy game at the New Meadowlands Stadium, right near my house. I went with my family and my cousins and we had a great time, despite the ND loss.

Before that weekend home, the swim team had a Purple vs. Gold meet where we split the team up and competed against each other to see where we were at in terms of times and racing ability. The meet was fun, and this past weekend we had our first home meet/season opener against Colby Sawyer College. Both the men's and women's teams won by a considerable amount and we all raced so well. My favorite parts were definitely how many peoples came to watch (especially our families), how excited everyone was to race, and how much fun everyone was having. Eileen, our new coach, was definitely proud of us and we congratulated her on her first win as a head coach too.

I've also recently been accepted to go on a service trip in March over Spring Break. I will be going to NYC to work for an organization called Covenant House. They provide a lot of services, especially to homeless youth. It is similar to what I am doing at Spectrum now, but a lot is different too. I'm really excited for that, so look to hear more when it gets closer.

Things continue to be busy for me, but I'm trying to touch in here as much as possible, even if it's only with a formspring questions, so keep them coming!

I'll try to update soon on anything new and exciting at SMC, so check back!

-Christine

No comments: