Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've got to start coming up with more creative titles

Hey everyone!
So first things first, I haven't put up any pictures in forever! I don't have any of the snow on campus right now, but you can probably imagine that it's everywhere. I think Reese has one up in one of her recent posts. I do have some from my Christmas break, Florida, and this semester back at school. I'll try to get some good ones up soon from swimming or other events I attend. Meanwhile, here's what I've been up to. This is Christmas break with my brother and sister. We framed this picture with a few others and gave it to my parents as a gift. A great gift, obviously.

Here's one of the team taking a silly picture in Florida. Almost everyone came on the trip this year, and we had a great time.
Here's a picture of the sunset over the beach down in Florida. The sunsets at our hotel, the Bilmar, are one of the main reasons we keep going back every year. Each night is absolutely gorgeous!
This last one is me and three of my friends at a Gossip Girl themed birthday party for a friend of ours. Everyone was dressed to perfectly for the occasion and we had a lot of fun checking out everyone's outfits.

That's all for pictures for right now, but I'll try to take more as the weeks go on. In not so exciting news, my Ice Climbing trip from Sunday was cancelled because of the weather. We had a warm front come in at the end of the week, but by Sunday the wind chill weather at the mountain was in the negative teens, so we didn't get to go out and climb. I was pretty bummed, but glad they made the call instead of having us freeze all day long.
Yesterday my friend told me about this pretty cool website called CampusLIVE. It is tailored to your specific school and has all the link you need for school on one page, plus whatever else you customize it with. I've got my SMC email, ecollege, knightvision, pandora radio, amazon, my blog, and facebook, to name a few. It also has a live view of my facebook information, like my mailbox and new posts, and the weather for outside (here and at home, so I can compare). I've also got the news on there from a bunch of sources, plus search features from google and yahoo. It's a really cool site and definitely helpful for current students. Check it out: http://www.campuslive.com/stmikes
On swimming's end of things, our meet against Clarkson last week went well. The man lost and the women were told we tied, though a lot of places are reporting a close loss on our part, so we're not sure what the official standing is. This past weekend we had no meet, and definitely took the time to relax, get caught up on sleep, and just hang out. This weekend coming up is our last home meet, our last dual meet, and our famous senior meet. We will honor the seniors on the team (there are a lot this year, unfortunately) and wish them good luck with their final season as it comes to a close (sorry to make you sad if you're reading this guys). Then next weekend we head down to MIT for a 2 day invitational. The weekend after that we don't have a meet, and the school has a long weekend for president's day so many students will go home, but we've got to stick around and taper (that's rest for those who don't know). Then the 20-22 the women will head down to UMass Dartmouth to finish up the season with championships (the men go to Rodger Williams the next weekend). So not that anyone's counting, but it's about 27 days until the season is over. We've still got a while to go, but I think everyone is feeling pretty good about how everything is going.
On the study abroad front, I handed in my last thing yesterday, so my SMC application is complete. Now I just have to wait and see what they say. Once I get back a few forms from them, I can send my API application for my program too. I'll keep you updated, don't worry.
I think that's all I've got for now. There's a housing meeting this week (already), so after that I'll talk a little about the housing process here. Until then!
-Christine
::edit:: I also went to the dance show this weekend (it was a good time and the girls did great!) and watched an SMC alum compete as Miss Vermont in the Miss America pagent. Yeah, we're pretty great up here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine, I (along with my daughter) have really enjoyed reading your blogs. She was accepted ED1 and is very excited (just waiting to hear from Fin. Aide). I think she signed up for her knightspace last night and is just waiting for them to activate it. She too is a swimmer and was able to meet with Coach Donoghue during her last visit. She was so impressed by his warmth, and insight. He was one of the reasons she chose to apply to SMC. Question for you about getting home, we are also from NJ and wonder if you fly or drive home. We have been to VT several times over the last few years and the flight from Newark is so fast and easy. Have you ever had a problem getting tickets home for holidays. Is it hard to get by without a car on campus? Good luck with your swim meets, and classes - Mom Tisdale

Anonymous said...

opps, meant to say EA1, keep doing that....Mom T.