Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The post-it wall and other excitements

Oh hiiiiii!

So as you can see, I finally did make it back to SMC after my long-term relationship with the airport. (we parted as friends though and agreed to meet back up after finals). But let's not jump to finals, there's still two packed weeks until then.

This week is a bit short for me, and that's not really a good thing. Missing classes Monday set me back a bit (and unfortunately led to me being up first for a presentation on Monday morning and getting an inconvenient time for my Italian oral exam, but what can you do). Just goes to show, missing class in college isn't the best thing, but I'm sure everyone already assumed that.

I'm also cutting out Friday of this week (and Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday night if you want to get particular). The swim team's big mid-season championships are this weekend, the NE-10 championships. For most teams this is at the end of their season, but we have another big meet in February. So we have practice tomorrow night, a pasta party at one of our captain's townhouses, and then we load up the bus and travel down to Southern Connecticut for the meet. I'm swimming a whole bunch of stuff and we're really hoping the team is going to do well. I'm sure you'll hear all about it from both me and Mairead when we return.

On a good note, I'm in remission from my latest illness, the common cold. Mairead was actually just hear picking up some cold remedies from the pharmacy I have in my closet (nothing shady and illegal? which I realize now this sounds like haha). I'm not sure if anyone has caught on yet, but my immune system and I don't really get along. Sometimes I question whether or not he even exists.

It seems like alot of people are getting sick, but that's probably a combination of stress, lack of sleep, cold weather, and ALOT on our plates. Finals are in a few weeks and everyone's got papers and projects and presentations and all kinds of other things that may or may not start with the letter "p".

Speaking of the letter "p", post-it starts with that. And speaking of post-it's, since we are now, that reminds me of the post-it wall I've formed for myself. Each post-it is a different thing "plaguing my existence" as I said earlier. In other words, it's a collection of all the things I need to get done before finals/before I return home again (via my bff the airport) for Christmas break. Once all of those things are done, I can focus on finals, safe travels, time at home with family and friends, and then the fabulous time that is the swim team's training trip in Florida. But don't worry, I'll be sure to write all about that and put up lots of pictures when we return...let's not get ahead of ourselves.

So I think that's all for now. I've got to get back to conquoring the post-its. Hope everyone's doing well and feeling healthy and rested. Talk to you soon.
-Christine

No comments: