Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring?

Hello everyone,

First, annoying reminder again. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE scroll down to my scholarship post and click the link at the end of it. That's all you have to do (to prove you were here). Then you can scroll back up and read this one! THANKS!!!

Sorry for the lack of update while I was on break. It was relaxing and fun, though I didn't really do much. I celebrated St. Patrick's Day with my dad in the afternoon and then with friends in NYC that night. I spent the day after (a 70 degree day!) in the city too, mostly walking around Central Park, which was so nice. I also visited my high school to chat up SMC and enjoyed going back there and meeting up with a friend of mine. Other than that, just a lot of sleeping, eating, and nothingness, which is always nice.

Returning to campus after "spring" break didn't really feel that way with how the weather is here. It's still rather chilly (not over 30 today) and I think we're in for a little more snow before we move on to warmer weather. Last year we had a week in April with 70+ temperatures, so I think we're all a little spoiled after that. Hopefully it warms up soon.

In other news, I've got a non-academic busy week this week. Tomorrow I've got some meetings and swim lessons, and then Wednesday I finally have an appointment with career services (hopefully we can find me some kind of internship opportunity). I worked on my resume over break so we're going to look at that too. I'll let you know how it goes. I've also got to find a few tours to shadow, being a new tour guide in training. Thursday is another VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE so I encourage all you accepted students to sign in and chat with us (7pm-9pm come and go as you want). On Friday I think I'm taking a trip with the Italian program up to the little Italy of Montreal, and returning in time for the SMC Rugby Ball, a dance/fundraiser for the rugby team. SATURDAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! haha so I'll be celebrating with friends, and then Sunday I'll probably rest...a lot.

So nothing too exciting to talk about now, but definitely the promise of some good posts later on. Remember, if you've got a question you want answered, don't hesitate to comment or email or facebook or IM or twitter or anything. And reminder again (I know I'm getting annoying) scroll to my scholarship entry (2 down) and click the link at the bottom to prove you were at my page today (and then do this every day until the end of March). Thanks!

-Christine

No comments: