Thursday, April 14, 2011

Formspring Questionsss

Hey all,

So these questions have been sitting in my inbox for longer than I would like, but here they are and I hope they help some people out!


do you know anybody that has taken astronomy or meterology? i was wondering if i could get a students perspective on each because im not sure which i want to take. they both sound interesting so i was curious to hear opinions of them both. thanks

I haven't actually taken either of these. I know they both have lab components and count as a science course (physics) but I've never heard any friends talk about meteorology (though many friends of mine LOVE astronomy).

  1. im considering a psych major but am not sure. can you tell me about your experience with it and what you plan to do with it after you graduate?

    This is a pretty loaded question :]

    I LOVE the psych program here. I think what I like best about it is that everyone can study the things they are interested in. There is enough variety of courses and paper topics and such that my friends and I can all be psych majors and all be learning about different things.

    In my opinion, the practical experience that is part of the major is invaluable. You can work on a real research study with professors, present it, and even get published. You can also spend an entire year in a human services internship (like I am) and we are one of the only programs that has this option for a full year.

    What am I doing after I graduate? That is the question, isn't it? I'm currently in the midst of hearing from and deciding on summer jobs, waiting for AmeriCorps NCCC service placement, filling out an application for the Covenant House Faith Community (which is my backup for NCCC but also a possibility afterwards), and thinking every so often about when I will get my masters in social work.

    So I hope this helps. If you've got more questions feel free to ask!

No comments: