Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend in Review

Hey all,

This past weekend was a pretty busy one for me. After a very hectic week and an early morning exam on Friday I came home and took a quick nap. Then Dustin and I gave interviews to students applying to be new tour guides. From there I hung out for a little and went out for dinner with Meg and Amanda. It was nice to get off campus with the two of them, since we haven't spent much time together because of swimming. It's nice to have time to balance my time with all of my friends. I didn't attend any of the activities of Friday Knight Dry (I actually slept through a bunch of them) so I'll be on the look out for a blogger who did and link you to them if I can.

Saturday I woke up, got some brunch, and got ready to head downtown for the Magic Hat Mardi Gras Parade! It whas a ton of fun but I was SO COLD. However, my friends and I did love all of the free stuff we got: lollipops, ping pong balls, boloco burritos, honest-tea, and of course, BEADS! We fought hard for all of the beads we caught, too (even had to beat out some old ladies hahaha). Reese has a new post about the parade too and there are some photos up on the SMC Flikr Page. There's an album of photos up there from last week's snow storm too.

Sunday I spent the whole day with the Founder's Society Coordinators and our advisors interviewing the tour guide applicants. There were over 80 applicants for only half as many spots and it was a long day for everyone. Making decisions is definitely a really hard process and we hate to turn down people who would be great tour guides because we don't have enough room. That said, we want everyone who came out to continue to keep up interest in Founder's and represent SMC like they have been!

Today has been kind of a long day too, but only because I'm feeling a little under the weather with a fever and such. I went to my first and last classes but slept through the two in the middle. I've been resting and recovering all day so hopefully I'm feeling better by tomorrow. At the very least I need to be ready to swim lessons and the Orientation partner dinner on Wednesday and LEAP this weekend!

So that's it for now. Go check out those photos on Flikr and take a look at everyone else's blogs to see what they've been up to. And, as always, feel free to email me at camoresano@smcvt.edu with anything and everything.

No comments: