Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hi Christine- I love your blog sooo much and it's really helped me choose SMC :) Could you tell me a little bit more about the activities you do at SMC, especially Founders? Thanks so much!!

Hi! I'm SO happy to hear that my blog is helping someone to choose to come to SMC :]. I do quite a bit around campus, and swim team takes up a great deal of my time. I'll be one of the women's captains for next year and I'm super excited about that.

When I'm not swimming, in class, or doing homework, Founder's takes up another good chunk of my time. I started out as a Blogger (which has now evolved into also being on facebook, twitter, knightspace, etc) and am also a full time tour guide, which means I give a tour at the same time every week. I've also been the Media and Communications coordinator for Founder's since this past Spring began, which means I oversee all of the bloggers and make sure we're answering everyone's questions.

Founder's is a great organization and there's more to be involved in than just tour guiding and blogging. We host students for day visits, participate in student pannels for academic days and open houses, and have phone-a-thons to call our accepted students and see what kind of questions they have.

Hope this helps, and if you've got more questions about specific things on campus, let me know!

What do you want to know about SMC?

No comments: